Painted Sky is sited in the north valley desert, and was designed around the owner’s love of art and nature. The building’s clean-lined design aims for maximum openness and function, with no hallways or interior doors. Living spaces are mostly surrounded by operable glass walls and are sheltered from the sun with deep overhangs. This creates a wonderful indoor-outdoor relationship. A unique water feature runs from the entry courtyard, through the foyer, and connects to the pool. It celebrates the connection to nature and is in direct alignment with the rising sun at the seasonal solstice.
- 2007 Gold Nugget – Award of Merit
- 2007 Best in American Living – Gold
- 2017 Fall: Inside Desert Mountain – Cover
- 2015: Scottsdale…A Great Place to Live
- 2012 June/July: Western Art & Architecture
- 2008 May: Custom Builder